Basalt 2/2 Twill 211g 1m 79 x 1.27m
Basalt Fibre Braid, Tape And Cloth
LimbTex Basalt is made from superior Basalt fibres derived from volcanic rock making it an eco-friendly and natural material. Specially developed for the industry this material can be used for complete sockets or local reinforcement. By offering a similar surface finish to Carbon fibre it could also be used for a decorative finish.
- Safer and cleaner to use than other composites.
- Little to no skin irritation from dust or loose fibres.
- Mechanical properties between, Carbon and Glass fibre makes it a useful and interesting alternative.
- Easier and cleaner to machine than Glass, Carbon and Aramid fibres. Compatible with all resins but performs best with Orthopoxy®.
- Non-toxic and non-carcinogenic.
- Lower Rated PPE required to Carbon Fibre (P1 Dust Mask not P3).
- Excellent strength and durability as well as being lightweight.
Available in Braids, Unidirectional Tape and 2/2 Twill Cloth